A Better Way to Live - Og Mandino, Willoughby
Being Awake to Our Blessings

There are times when I walk past my list of goals, a list I did in the last few weeks that I posted in a place I could view everyday, and while I look at it I wonder about its significance. I wonder what that list would mean without the people I love and I know then and there that it would only be a piece of paper. It always serves to remind me to be content and happy with what I have and where I am. I still strive for my goals but I always need to remember what success means to me. I am currently reading a book titled A Better Way To Live: Og Mandino’s Own Personal Story of Success Featuring 17 Rules to Live By from the author Og Mandino and in it I read something that resonated with me, it said as follows: “And even if you have failed at all else in the eyes of the world, if you have a loving family, you are a success”. How true I find this, how very true.

I recently had a dream, in it I had moved from my small house to a dilapidated house in the state of Georgia, through out the dream all I did was cry for everything I had left behind; I wanted my old house back regardless of its defects, I wanted my love, and my family back. In the dream I understood how much I should value what I have, my only source of happiness in my dream was that I had my son with me but yet we missed so much, even though in my waking hours I don’t value what I have as I should value it. I remember the dream so vividly because it touched a soft spot in me.

I end with this note: We all need to remember that in this life where we are is sometimes exactly where we need to be.