finishing. This year will be another year that I try to meet the goal of reading and reviewing twelve books that have been on my TBR Shelf for over a year, so nothing published in 2013.
The first year I read five and reviewed two. The second year I did a just about as good, reading and reviewing four. Last year, was a bit of a step backwards, where I read three and reviewed only one.
No matter though! 2014 is a new year for all and that means new books to put on this list and actually read them!
1. Libriomancer by Jim C Hines - First year on this list, though it was on my Top Ten Books I resolve to Read in 2013 list...
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth - Second year for this one. But I want to read it to see what the fuss was about... especially with that third book.
3. I Love It When You Talk Retro: Hoochie Coochie, Double Whammy, Drop a Dime, and the Forgotten Origins of American Speech by Ralph Keyes - This one should be pretty easy as I got it for Christmas! I have been coveting it since I saw it in a store in October 2012 (wow) and when I went back to that store, it was gone. So excite!
4. Heart of Iron by Meljean Brook - I loved Iron Duke... so now lets continue the series shall we?
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I know guys. I know. This will be a second year repeat.
6. 1984 by George Orwell - Fourth time's a charm.
7. Heartless by Gail Carriger - I've wanted to finish this series for a while now. And Heartless was where I stopped.
8. The Black Hawk by Joanne Bourne - Another series that I want to be caught up on. I am not near this book (I only read the first and this is the fourth) but this is the one I want to read. I mean I'll read the others too, but this is why I am reading them. For Adrian's book.
9. The Seduction of Eliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley- Whew this one squeaks in with a publication date of Dec 31, 2012! But I need to read this one to again, catch up on my series (see a pattern?)
10. Sweet Deception by Heather Snow - I literally have this one sitting on a shelf in my living room for a year...
11. The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley - I have heard nothing but good things. It's been sitting on my ereader, the beautiful cover saying "read me!" for far too long.
12. Ruins of Lace by Iris Anthony - I saw this at the bookstore during Christmas of 2012.
13. The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medieros - Threepeat (sigh)
14. The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel - This was a TV movie that I saw and loved. I've been meaning to read the book for ages!!
Wish me luck people! If any of you guys are doing this let me know! I am going to link all my reviews in this post as per the rules, but also use the tag "2014 tbr pile challenge".
Sign ups are until Jan 15th if this sounds like something that would interest you.